16 Diamond Street, COOROY QLD 4563Sold $835,000
A timepiece of Cooroy underpinned by 1012m2
House Sold - COOROY QLD
Established in the early 1900s by one of the original pioneering families of Cooroy, this home is a real timepiece of history and has been part of the landscape for over 100 years. It is only a short walk to the historically significant Cooroy railway station that was built in 1891; connecting this charming, small town to Gympie. One of Queensland’s last remaining timber railway stations, the heritage-listed Cooroy Railway Station is a stunning reminder of this towns important economic origins and is one of nine remaining timber stations in the state. (https://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/07/02/3537294.htm)
The property is nestled in the hinterland township of Cooroy, where the local community is hallmarked with the friendly, tightknit, and welcoming attitude you expect from this picturesque hamlet.
Inside you will find 3 well sized bedrooms with gorgeous wooden floors, and original VJ paneled walls, painted white to enliven the living spaces. The family have tastefully renovated the bathroom, so you have the luxury of contemporary touches within this authentic period home. The high ceilings give sense of space and elegance.
With the bonus of Diamond Lane access at the rear of the property you have ease of entry, opportunity and potential.
It is a short 15-minute drive to the convenience of Tewantin town center and in 20 minutes you’ll find yourself enjoying the extensive dining, shopping, and calm shores of Noosaville’s river precinct. Travel just a touch further to enjoy world-renowned Noosa Main Beach and all the attractions of Noosa Heads within 25 minutes. The station is nearby makes stops at every main town, all the way to Brisbane, which itself is only a 2hour20min ride away. You can sit back and relax with no traffic concerns as you hurtle towards work or your next East Coast adventure.
The Sunshine Coast CBD, international airport, University and Hospital are within 40 minutes.
This position offers a relaxed hinterland village feel whilst still being close to everything this beautiful part of the world has to offer!
Our favourite features:
• Original Queenslander built in the early 1900’s and has been in the family for 50 years
• 2x Decks and enclosed patio for effortless entertaining
• 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
• Recently re-roofed & previously re-stumped
• Original wood floors and VJ board throughout
• Expansive 1012m2 block with lane access
• Firepit in garden to enjoy the cooler evening air
• Extensive storage underneath the building
• Located in Cooroy with everything at your fingertips and walking distance to schools and the Copperhead Brewery
• Eumundi; with Wednesday and Saturday markets, Eumundi brewery and the sunshine coast favourite pub only 8 minutes down the road
• 25 minutes to world famous Noosa Main beach and hasting street
• 20 minutes to Gympie Terrace and Noosa River
• 40minutes to Sunshine Uni, International airport
Don’t hesitate, this home has been in the family for 50 years and will be snapped up again quickly by a lucky buyer! Secure an original part of this historic town today.
We have in preparing this information used our best endeavours to ensure that the
information contained herein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and
disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, omissions, inaccuracies or misstatements that may occur. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries to verify the
information contained herein.